Tuesday

End of the Year Book Survey 2012!


This year is my first year participating in the End of the Year Book Survey hosted by Jamie at the Perpetual Page Turner. Since this is my first year blogging I'm super excited to participate in this! Enjoy!


Best In Books 2012


1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
I'm going to ignore the fact that this is probably the hardest question any blogger, book-lover, fan-girl will ever have to answer. Because it so is! I've read so many absolutely mind-blowing, gut-wrenching and straight up spectacular books this year! I've gained many new favorite authors and have also found that authors I already loved have continued to show me why they're so awesome!
But, and I want everyone to know how hard this is, I do indeed have a book that I've been unable to put down (Re-reading and re-reading) for nearly a month. And that is Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I waited anxiously for this book to be released because I KNEW that Armentrout would bring it. And she totally did.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I might get stabbed (just kidding, hopefully) for saying this but I was pretty pumped for Want by Stephanie Lawton. Instead, as I read it, I found myself super upset with so many things that I myself am amazed I finished it (I guess I held out hope that things would turn out). I was pretty upset to not feel that wow factor :/.
 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? 
On Dublin Street by Samantha Young! I totally expected it to be a bit too Fifty-Shades, because that has been re-done and re-done since it first released. Instead, Samantha totally showed me up and gave me a story I was drooling over. Scottish man? Where do I sign up!?
 4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, for the obvious reasons that they will blow your socks off! But also Fallen Too Far  by Abbi Glines (or any of her books!), who once again showed us that she is capable of writing dang near anything. If she wrote a book about a clown in circus, I'd still pre-order it. 
 5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
Gosh I seem so repetitive, but The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It's just so stinkin' awesome. BUT I also have to say that The Secret Series and The Coincidence by Jessica Sorensen are total LOVE! I also feel the need to mention The Slammed Series by Colleen Hoover, because she is pure epic.
 6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
John Green. Yeah, I loved, lived, and cried The Fault in Our Stars. If you haven't read it yet, you need to seriously correct that! You won't be disappointed. Jennifer L. Armentrout also deserves to be on this list, along with Colleen Hoover, Chelsea M. Cameron, and M. Leighton, they rock so much!
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I read all three books right at the end and start of 2011 and 2012. I went into them rather blind other then having a friend say  I NEEDED to read them. I actually wasn't disappointed! 
I also feel the need to mention A Matter of Fate by Heather Lyons. It's her debut novel and it was totally out of my comfort zone. Magicals? This is the girl who never finished the Harry Potter books (yeah I know, I know). Yet I actually found that I loved the land she created. Total suprise!
 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines, I lost so much sleep over that book! 
The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski. Gosh I cried. And loved every second.
Also, Independence by Shelly Crane. Because it was the last of the Significance series, I found myself unwilling to put it down!
I'm also a huuuuge fan of Tammara Webber, and have been since she first starting putting out books. Easy, was thrilling, uputdownable, and such a rush!
 9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Probably Opal by JLA because I can't stop and Origin's release date seems too far away. Also, I'm going to re-read Down To You by M. Leighton because Up To You releases the 6th, and I need me some Cash ;).
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?

I tend to fawn over book covers, but this one was my absolute favorite of the year. So stunning! And, the book was jaw-droppingly awesome!
11. Most memorable character in 2012? 
Dean Holder from Colleen Hoover's Hopeless. Also, Rush Finlay from Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines and Daemon Black from all the Lux Series books by JLA.
 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. "Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book." Yeah. It's absolutely beautiful.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012? 
Easy by Tammara Webber. I lived and breathed this book. I understood, and connected with all the issues that were going on, and how she weaved it all so perfectly into a college setting is amazing. It's a book I'll definitely hold close forever.
 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read? 
I'm super impulsive so I tend to buy books and read them the moment I find them or they're released. But, I was a total procrastinator when it came to reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, yet I was pretty proud when I finally bought and read it!
 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012? 
Authors have so much wisdom to impart to their readers. Otherwise, why would they spend their time writing? This is a really hard question to answer, and for that I'm going to just list a few that made me stop, and think. Really think.
"I thought being an adult meant knowing what you believe, but that has not been my experience." - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
"He wasn't perfect or anything. He wasn't your fairy-tale Prince Charming or whatever. He tried to be like that sometimes, but I liked him best when that stuff fell away." - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
"It's what happens when two people become one: they no longer only share love. They also share all of the pain, heartache, sorrow, and grief." - Colleen Hoover, Hopeless
"Best friends, no matter what they do or how much they hurt you, it only hurts as much as it does because they are your best friend. And none of us are perfect. Mistakes were made for best friends to forgive; it's what makes being a best friend official." - J. A. Redmerski, The Edge of Never
And last one!
"Because growing up means making tough choices, and doing the right thing doesn't necessarily mean doing the thing that feels good." - Katie McGarry, Pushing the Limits
 16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012? 
I read on both my Kindle Fire and regular paperbacks. I'm going to have to say that the shortest is probably Make it Last by Bethany Lopez and the longest my Anatomy textbook. Just kidding (not really ;P). Fifty Shades Freed by E. L. James I believe!
 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
HAHA! I have this moment alot. Best part about it is, I instead rant and rave and re-read the ending to myself several times, then, hunt down my boyfriend and repeat the process. The ending of Opal by JLA had me re-reading it out-loud to him and us discussing how she could be so cruel LOL! 
I also ranted and raved to him about the ending of Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines. Yea, I love to hate and hate to love cliff-hangers.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Hands down, Katy and Daemon from the Lux Series by JLA. They had me laughing all the time, and also being all swoony-eyed ;P
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
Hmmm...I'm gunna say Easy by Tammara Webber again, I'd already read her BTL series as they'd released and she'd won me over on Between the Lines #1.
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. One of my old best friends recommended it to me, and I had already read the Vampire Academy books (imagine that I was the one who recommended them to her, ha!) but I was pretty stand-offish from reading the spin-off series. Pretty glad I was convinced otherwise!

 Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012 (optional)


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012? 
I don't really have as much time to stalk blogs as I'd like, college kills me like that. But! Some of my favorites are: Just a Booklover , and Stuck in Books
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012? 
Probably my Opal and Fallen Too Far reviews. I had to make myself digest the books before writing them, so I feel like I took more time to really say what I wanted to say :).
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
I'm so horrible with discussions, but I do love the comments I get! (They make me all smiley!) One of my faves is always people commenting on cover releases, it's nice to know what other readers think.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
Like I said I don't have much time to stalk other blogs (this depresses me everytime I say this) yet I always find Stuck in Books has some of the most interesting discussions that happen!
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I live in nowhere, CO. So a lot of events require me to travel incredibly long distances! I managed to always have something come up so didn't make it to any signings or festivals this year. But I have managed to sometimes squeeze in some memes, and have made it a New Year's resolution to participate more frequently!
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
Getting involved in the book blogging world!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Ooo time to look this one up!
Currently, my Top Ten Book Boyfriends of 2012 and Up In Flames by Nicole Williams :D.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I'm gunna cheat and say all. We bloggers love feed-back and comments, I know I totally live for it!
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Swag!
10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I finished my second year of the GoodReads book reading challenge sucessfully! In 2011, I found GoodReads in like September or October,  so I set my standard low only 10 books, and ended up fitting in 21! Which totally pumped me up because I was in my first semester of college. After that, I shot higher, challenging myself to 80 and rocking out 96! So, that provoked me to really challenge myself this year. 120 books, here I come!

Looking Ahead…


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
The Opportunist by Taryn Fisher. I'm slightly scared.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
Oo looky! Check out my list of Top Ten Most Anticipated for 2013
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I think that since I'm coming into my second year of blogging, it's time to really extend my knowledge. I've learned so much this past year and I'm entirely greatful to all followers! You all make my life! :D. I enjoy being able to share my absolute most favorite thing to do: reading and talking about books! This year in 2013, I want to reach out of my comfort zone, meet and greet other bloggers! I also would love to really make a true effort to attend some signings! So heres to 2013!

I'd love to hear your goals and thoughts and favorite things about 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment