Sunday

FALLEN TOO FAR by Abbi Glines


TITLE: FALLEN TOO FAR
AUTHOR: Abbi Glines
RATING: 5 Amazing, Rushing, Beautiful Stars
PAGES: eBook
PUBLISHER: Self-Published by Author
SERIES:
SOURCE: Personal Library

To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter.

She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.

(synopsis taken from Goodreads)



Oh holy hawtness. I think I may have FALLEN TOO FAR. In love with this book that is. Abbi Glines gives us something that is bound to shake you, heck I just finished it and I’m still in awe (and possibly crying). The level and depth of emotion is this book is nearly palpable, it’s so real. Glines takes New Adult and her writing to a whole new level. As a reader who has read and loved every single one of her novels, this is my new favorite.

Blaire is a nineteen year old girl who hasn’t had a cake-walk. In all honesty, as a nineteen year old myself, I admire the heck outta her. She takes strength to a new level. She’s so innocent, something pure yet she knows about the not so great things in life. How sometimes, things are taken from us for no reason. Rush, oh Rush. I have a new book boyfriend, whom I shall cherish forever. At first I’ll be honest, I thought he was a royal prick. Really, who can just be so cold to someone for no reason? But. When things start to change I quickly found myself falling in love with him, the cool way he handles thing, and who wouldn’t be drawn to the secrets behind those mysterious silver eyes?

“Inside I knew he was meant to be the guy that taught me about life.”

I’m also a big fan of Grant. I found myself wanting to tackle-hug him in the beginning. Knight in shining armor much? Okay, so good guys are refreshing! I also loved Jimmy, and Bethy, though at some points I wanted to slap some sense into her. As for Woods well, that remains to be seen. The characters are enchanting, they feel like friends even after the last page has been turned.

This book has it all. It explains in essence, what first love or puppy love is really like. One moment it’s there and then it’s not. We all have someone who maybe we crushed on hard-core in middle school, or that seemingly perfect homecoming date. I love how Glines described that perfectly with Blaire and Cain, it’s so realistic and true.

I loved every moment of this book. I smiled, got angry, cried, bawled, and loved with Blaire and the others. It’s a story that readers (17+ preferably) can really connect to. It brings another new winning title to the New Adult genre many of us are championing. I was hanging on to every line like it was chocolate (and it totally was, perhaps a bit better ;) ). There are many surprises in FALLEN TOO FAR that I didn’t expect, those twists and turns that every reader loves when they can’t predict them. In the end, I’m left breathless and knowing this:

“I had fallen too far.”



No comments:

Post a Comment