Tuesday

FUSION by Nicole Williams


TITLE: Fusion
AUTHOR: Nicole Williams
RATING: 5 Stars
PAGES: ebook
PUBLISHER: Self-published by Author
SERIES: The Patrick Chronicles #2, Spin-off of the Eden Series
SOURCE: Personal Library


Patrick Hayward isn’t used to feeling helpless. He’s a man of action used to controlling his destiny. But falling in love with Emma Scarlett had a way of upending everything, his sanity included. Locked away as inmate number one-three-seven-oh for a crime he didn’t commit, Patrick spends his days slopping toxic sludge onto trays, resisting the urge to tear the scratchy, orange jumpsuit from his body, and making sure every hardened criminal behind bars with him knows he’s the biggest and baddest of them all. With the help of his handy little gift of teleportation, his nights are spent watching a certain green eyed goddess from the shadows. 
When he discovers a couple of Inheritors stalking her one night, he realizes the obstacle of explaining who and what he is to Emma might not be the biggest battle they face.
(synopsis taken from Goodreads)

Oh goodness. I'm not even sure how else to start this other than to say she has done it again folks! Nicole Williams has written, once more, an amazing book. I don't even think I could possibly put into words on how well she did. In Fusion, the second and final book of the Patrick Chronicles, we're once again thrown into Patrick Hayward's world. Having to do time in jail for a crime he didn't commit in order to help the family of the woman he loves, he is forced to remain at a distance to Emma Scarlett the woman who's managed (!!!) to make the Patrick Hayward, in all his swag and sexy glory, fall in love with her.

I finished the book in one day, that's how bad (or good) it grabs you and pulls you into the story. I went from being depressed, to shocked, to fearful, to curious, and to ranting and raving for one of my favorite couples to finally get their happily-ever-after they so deserve. You really also grow to adore Emma Scarlett even more in this book, and appreciate as to how perfect she is for Patrick. She finally gains her back-bone and really comes out as a stronger person then she was in Fissure. I'm all for a strong female lead, so, way to go Emma!!

Patrick himself even morphs in the book. Finally admitting that for once, there's something bigger than him and his ego. And that is true love (que awwww's). Eden series fans are used to hearing William and Bryn (gosh I love those two<3) spewing romantic lines and making us all blush, but I have to say, I adored the sap-filled Patrick. It was kind of cute. Alright, it was extremely adorable (sigh). One of my favorite quotes from the book is, "Armageddon could have raged around us and I wouldn't notice. Emma was my religion, and kissing her was my form of prayer." I think I fell in love with Patrick Hayward all over again!

The Eden Trilogy fans will not be disappointed. Our favorite couples all make their appearances again in Fusion, allowing us to once again revel in the amazing Hayward clan. I won't lie, the ending of Fusion had me bawling. It was bitter-sweet and perfect and so amazing that Nicole Williams deserves and award, or ten. Everything drew to a close, a perfect ending to my number one favorite series. I'm so ecstatic Patrick finally got his stories, so extremely happy we got to see more of William and Bryn, Joesph and Cora, and Nathaniel and Abigail. I even didn't mind revisiting Charles! 

I'm going to tell you (demand!) or recommend (hehe) that you go and buy the Eden Trilogy ASAP! If you already haven't, because you're seriously missing out. And don't forget to check out the first book in the Patrick Chronicles, Fissure, if you somehow missed it! Fusion is the perfect ending to them all, and as with any great book, leaves you wanting more and making it hard to say goodbye to the characters you've attached yourself to. Nicole Williams is a brilliant mastermind, who's characters endear themselves to you over and over again. You can bet I'll be waiting to see what else she writes, while re-reading the Eden Trilogy and the Patrick Chronicles over and over again of course! Thank you Mrs. Williams for giving us the awesomeness that is the Haywards! 

~ Book Crook Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment